I’ve read a lot of these types of articles and reaching your new years resolutions and goals for 2011 come down to these simple steps:
1. Have a goal.
2. Have a plan to reach this goal.
3. Work the plan, tweak it as necessary, and keep persisting.
That’s it. That’s all there is to it!
Then why do will so few people reach their goals for 2011? Why will so many fail to reach their new years resolutions for 2011?
We don’t actually DO these three things!
Here are 3 things that keep us from achieving our goals or new years resolutions:
1. We don’t take time to think about what it is that we really want. We are too busy surviving to think about what we want. We forget that we were all created with the ability to make our lives into what we choose it to be.
2. We don’t actually have a PLAN to achieve what we want. That means our goals or resolutions are really just wishes. And I’m sorry to say wishes don’t usually come true!
3. We don’t actually DO anything with our plans! We just expect the act of writing our goals and plans down to magically make what we want into a reality. Don’t forget. As I have said before… the missing ingredient to success is: action.
If you really want to reach your goals this year you need to actually do the 3 simple steps.
If you do, your chances of achieving your goals and new years resolutions (if they are realistic) will increase 100%!
If you want to increase the chance you’ll achieve your goals or new years resolutions in 2011, then enlist the help of others. How?
1. Choose a friend to be accountable to. This is a friend who will check in with you and encourage you to actually follow through with what you say you want.
2. Ask for others help to achieve your goals. People that achieve the most usually do so with a team of people.
I hope these simple tips help you.
Now I need to DO them too! :)